Excerpts from "The Grand Design — II".
Reincarnation - II[paragraphs omitted]
The purpose of reincarnation is, of course, to give souls repeated opportunities to raise their awareness. Earth provides a wide range of those opportunities. What are the criteria for determining whether one has mastered all the lessons of earth? Essentially these are:
Put like that, they don't seem to be all that much - but they comprehend a lot of turmoil, unfortunately.
- acceptance of oneness with all life;
- being at one with all life;
- absolute tolerance of others - their opinions, their way of life, how and what they are;
- total respect for the free will of others;
- acceptance of the continuity and of the spirituality of life (which implies recognition of spiritual being as distinct from physical being - you are a soul with a body not a body with a soul);
- and, most important, total acceptance of one's place in God (a part of God, equal to each other part).
Once a soul has acquired these attributes earth has nothing more to offer it - unless it chooses to reincarnate to help others.